Fix Error Unable to Mount Database Exchange 2016,2013,2010 & 2007
Transaction log files have a significant role in the smooth and normal functioning of the MS Exchange Server. They keep a complete record of each and every transaction made through the EDB file. However, if there is any transaction that is not written to the Exchange database and removes from the transaction log files as well, then it can create many possible errors. For example, unable to mount database Exchange 2013/2010/2007 error.
All such types of errors can hinder the performance of the Microsoft Exchange Server to some extent. These errors cause a serious problem that is required to be resolved as soon as possible. Now, the question arises, how a user can resolve these errors. To solve this issue, a user has to remove all log files.
However, before doing that first make sure that the database is in a consistent state. If it is not in a consistent state, then a user can either restore it from the backup or can use any professional solution i.e. Exchange Recovery tool provided by SysTools, resolves Exchange mailbox corruption & repair corrupt EDB file without using any command in a hassle-freeway. Then users can export the recovered as well as healthy mailboxes directly to the Live Exchange Server, Office 365 & various file formats.
Download Now Purchase Now
Whenever a user tries to mount the Exchange database in inconsistent, an error message is displayed on the screen stating:
The exchange is unable to mount the database that you specified.
Specified database: Servername\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database;
Error code: mapiExceptionCallFailed: Unable to mount the database.
Every time a user tries to mount the database, it displays the above error. The result of this error is that it disconnects all the clients connected to the Exchange Server.
Causes of “Unable to Mount Database Error code mapiexceptioncallfailed”
There can be three major factors that lead to Exchange Server (HR=0X80004005, EC=-528) error and these factors are discussed below:
- In many cases, the Exchange Server database is not shut down properly due to any reason like a sudden power failure. This move database to a “Dirty Shutdown” state and displays (hr=0x80004005, ec=-528) as an error message.
- Another possible cause behind this error is missing transactional log files that are not even written to the Exchange database. This results in inconsistency in the database and generates failed to fix database Mounting error.
- If any of the above is not a reason, then corruption in Exchange EDB file is the only cause of such kind of error.
However, if the Exchange database is shut down properly, then make sure that you move both Checkpoint files and all log files to some other folder and try to remount the database.
Manual Solution to Resolve “Database Mounting Error Code mapiexceptioncallfailed”
In order to fix this unable to mount database ec=-1216, a user needs to move the transaction log files to some other folder or location. To do the same, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, stop the Information Store and all the existing databases from the storage group.
- After that, check the database integrity by executing esesutil/mh command, which needs to followed by the name of the database name (like Mailbox1 database, the name is Mailbox1.edb). Then, analyze the ‘State’ value under the header information.
- If the Exchange database is consistent i.e. Clean Shutdown state, a user can remove all transaction log files safely and store them to some different folder. Please make sure that a user does not delete the current transaction log file.
- If the Exchange database is inconsistent, i.e. Dirty Shutdown state, then a user needs to restore its backup. However, if the backup is invalid, execute eseutil/r command to perform soft recovery from unable to mount database ec=1108.
If this manual does not work properly or get fails, then execute eseutil /p command and perform hard recovery. However, while performing hard recovery there are chances of data loss because it removes all the damaged or corrupted pages. Therefore, to have a foolproof solution, a user is advised to use a third-party tool to safely rebuild the damaged EDB file in a proper way.
Professional Solution to Fix “Failed to Mount Database Error”
As discussed above, manual solution is not a guaranteed solution, so a user is recommended to go for some professional solution. SysTools Exchange Server Recovery software is one such type of utility that fix EDB file of any size from corruption. It is software that has the ability to rebuild both Priv1.edb and Pub1.edb file also. This advance utility recover mailbox from EDB file exchange 2007 and all data items stored in the Exchange EDB file like emails, contacts, calendars, etc. Moreover, the tool preserves folder hierarchy and supported by all versions of MS Exchange Server.
Download Now Purchase Now
This recovery manager for Exchange database software provides dual scanning mode (Quick & Advance scan) that easily remove minimal & major corruption from offline/dismounted Exchange database file. According to the level of corruption, users can select the scan mode and remove corruption. For minor corrupted .edb file select the Quick scan and for highly corrupted Exchange database click on Advance scan. This option also recovers purged mailboxes and items from the loaded EDB file. Users can use this scan mode to recover permanently deleted mailbox Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 along with data items.
The Granular Exchange Recovery Tool support various mailboxes such as: legacy, user, archive, disconnected, shared and items like – mails, notes, tasks, contacts, journals, calendars. You can extract mailbox from offline EDB file and export directly to the Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 mailboxes, Office 365 and PST, EML, HTML, MSG, PDF, MBOX file format in a simplified manner.
Users can also export multiple EDB to PST and other file formats. The software automatically creates the export report in CSV file which contains the success & fail counts of exported Exchange data.
Key Features Of Automated Wizard
- Support Exchange Database & Streaming Media file
- Preview EDB mailbox data items before conversion
- Keep metadata intact and preserve the original folder hierarchy
- Convert EDB to PDF and various other file formats
- Export Exchange data in a specified date range via date filter option
- Remove email encryption (SMIME/OpenPGP) from Exchange mailboxes
- Categories filter option export selectively EDB mailbox items
- Compatible with all Windows OS, Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server version
The Final Note
Any type of error in the Exchange database is very crucial and need to fix for the smooth functioning of the MS Exchange Server. Unable to mount database error is the most commonly encountered error by the users. Considering the requirement of users, we have discussed both manual and professional solution to fix the error. A user can choose any of them to fix the error based on their preference.