How to Restore Offline Exchange 2010 Database to Another Server – Instant Solution!
Isha Ratra |
October 26th, 2018 |
Looking for a solution to recover dismounted, disconnected, offline Exchange 2010 database to different server? Want an instant and reliable solution? Do not worry, you are landed on the correct page. In this blog, we are going to explain different ways to restore offline Exchange 2010 database to another server (Exchange version).
Let us Directly Move to Solution!
Now, there are two methods to restore or move Offline Exchange 2010 database to different server
1- Windows Server Backup Method
2- Automated Method – SysTools Exchange Recovery
Windows Server Backup to Recover Offline Exchange 2010 Database on a Different Server
Now, the user can implement Windows Server Backup method to restore offline Exchange 2010 database to another server (Exchange Version). To perform this method, the user should have a full and healthy backup.
Here’s how it goes:
First, you need to launch Windows Server Backup on your system and then select Action > Recover. After that, you have to select the drive where Exchange 2010 server healthy backup is stored. Now, select the backup which you want to restore. Next, select the recovery type i.e. Applications. Select Exchange from the select application to recover field. Finally, choose the location where you want to save the recovered database. You can also save the recovered Exchange 2010 Server database at the original location. Click on the Recover button to begin the restore process.
A Drawback of Windows Server Backup Method
There is one major limitation of Windows Server Backup that is if the user is not having a healthy and complete backup of Exchange 2010 Server database then the user cannot implement this method. Moreover, if the backup is available but it is not in a good state like it is corrupt, unmountable, transaction logs missing etc. then also the user is not able to apply Windows Server Backup method.
Any Other Way to Restore Offline Exchange 2010 Database to Another Server (Exchange Version)?
Yes, the user can select reliable utility that is SysTools Exchange Mailbox Repair Tool. With this tool, the user can easily restore offline, disconnected, dismounted Exchange 2010 database to different server. The user is also capable to restore deleted emails from Exchange 2010 database. The software also provides data and time-based filter to move mailbox database in exchange 2010 to another server. Moreover, the utility is capable to maintain the folder hierarchy and data security when it restore Offline Exchange 2010 database to different server.
Hooping to Second Method:
1. First, you need to download and install Exchange Recovery software on your local machine and launch it
2. Now, you will be able to see the initial screen of the software. Here, you can click on Add File button to select the offline/disconnected/dismounted Exchange 2010 database
3. In the Add File windows, you will notice two options: Select File and Search File. You can choose the option as per your requirements
4. Here, Select File option is selected. Now, browse the offline Exchange 2010 database and click on the Open button
5. The tool provides the Scan option to recover corrupt Exchange 2010 database file. The user can select Quick Scan Mode or Advance Scan Mode
6. Click on the Add button and the tool will begin to scan the corrupt Exchange database file
7. After the completion of the scanning process, you will be able to see the Exchange 2010 database files via the software interface
8. Now, to restore offline Exchange 2010 database to another server the user need to click on the Export button
9. After that, you will be able to see the Export Option dialog box. Now, you have to select Live Exchange option
10. The software provides Advanced Settings option. The user can set Exchange settings such as Admin credentials (Admin SMTP and Admin password), Server version, Server IP, Active Directory etc.
11. In General Settings, you can set date filter to restore offline Exchange 2010 database to another server according to a particular date range. Additionally, you can also select the desired categories
12. Once all the settings are done, click on the Save button
13. In the Export Option section, the software provides two ways to restore Exchange Server database. One is Enter Destination Mailbox and another is Provide destination Mailbox (SMTP address) from CSV
14. Select the Enter Destination Mailbox option and click on the Next button
15. Now, the software will prompt the Exchange 2010 database name and you need to provide the valid Exchange mailbox name
16. Finally, click on the Export button to begin the restore process. Once the process is completed your Offline Exchange 2010 database will be restored to another server
Sometimes, the user needs to restore Offline Exchange 2010 database to another server (Exchange versions). Unfortunately, they are not able to find a simple and quick way to restore it. Thus, in the above section, we have explained two different methods to restore offline Exchange 2010 database to different server. The user can implement any of the methods as per his/her choice. However, it is always recommended to opt an automated solution to carry out seamless restore process.