Migrate OST to Office 365 with Different Approaches
Bradley Simpson |
September 25th, 2018 |
Are you looking to migrate OST to Office 365? This is the right place to find solution on how to import ost file to Office 365. We will discuss different ways to move OST to Office 365.
I found various users queries who are looking for a solution to migrate OST file to Office 365. Let us understand why users are migrating from ost to Office 365.
Exchange Server used with MS Outlook and save data in the form of OST. OST file enables users to access all the data in Offline mode. And when it get connected, it synchronises with Exchange Server. Due to amazing features found in Office 365, users are tend to migrate OST to Office 365. It may be the user personal requirement or the latest technology which attract them to export OST to Office 365.
High Storage, High in-built features, access to the latest version of office 365 are some of the features users get attracted to and want to migrate OST to Office 365.
Let us learn different process to import OST to Office 365.
Migrate OST to Office 365 Manually
Manually the process is distributed in two parts:
- Convert OST file to PST format
- Upload PST to Office 365
First of all, you need to convert OST file to Office 365. For this, perform the following
- Open MS-Outlook.
- Click on File –>Export to a file –> Next
- Select .pst and click Next
- Select the file or folder and check Include Subfolder.
- Browse the location you want to save your file and Click Finish.
Now migrate PST file to Office 365, you can move PST file data to Office 365 by Network upload using AZCopy or by Drive shipping. In drive shipping method, you just need to copy PST files to a hard disk and send the drive to Microsoft.
In Network upload method, you can directly upload pst Files using AZCopy. Here are the steps:
- Install AzureAzCopy and copy SAS URL
- Upload PST Files to Office 365
- Create PST CSV file to map PST file into the mailbox account.
- To import PST file, create import job in Office 365.
- Filter the PST data and start PST import job.
Export OST to Office 365 Quickly
The above method is quite time-consuming, also OST files cannot be reused and directly imported. If you haven’t heard about Azure AZCopy tool method or Powershell command and looking for quick and instant solution or then you should go for an expert solution to migrate OST to Office 365.SysTools OST to PST Converter export OST file to Office 365 instantly. It migrate all OST file data : emails, appointments, tasks, contacts, meetings to Office 365. The tool migrate is able to migrate multiple OST File to Office 365. Not only this, the software migrate OST to PST, EML, HTML and MSG. You can export OST to Office 365 primary as well as archive mailbox as per your need.
The software has simple GUI which help in detecting and recovering OST file.You have option to move specific data using Date-Filter option, if you want to export specific data. If your data get accidently deleted, you can be able to retrieve it.
Here is how you can migrate OST to Office 365:
- Install and Open OST to Office 365 migration Tool.
- Click on Add File to load OST file for conversion in Office 365
- You will get the preview of OST file. After loading it to the software, Click Export.
- You will get four different options for converting OST file. Click Office 365 checkbox. And Click Advance Settings
- In Advance Settings option, you need to provide username and password of the admin account.
- If you want to migrate specific data of OST file then you can do this using Date-filter option. Select the date from which you want to migrate OST data to Office 365. and Click Save..
For Importing OST File to Office 365;
- Click on Enter Destination Mailbox radio button . It will generate success and fail count of exported items.
- If you want to save in CSV format then browse the location of CSV file. Click Ok
- Open Office 365 and view all OST file data to Office 365.
The blog is for all those users who want to migrate OST to Office 365. The blog discusses both manual as well as an alternate option to move OST file to Office 365. User can use it as per their requirement.