Best Way To Import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird Lightning
October 5th, 2018 |
From the past few weeks, many users have asked me about how to import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird on various online forums and summit on Windows and Mac OS. Generally their queries are of this type. Read carefully, may be you relate to one of them.
“I want to export calendar file from Outlook to Thunderbird. After surfing through Google, I got to know that first, you need to convert PST calendar file to ICS which can be further imported to Thunderbird. The main problem is I don’t how to convert this PST file into ICS format. Can anybody help me out there. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank You!”
“Earlier I used to have Outlook on my Mac system but due to some reasons I was forced to move to Mozilla Thunderbird. I have .pst file of past account which contain my most important meetings and schedule. Now, Outlook is not installed on my system and I have no idea how to open them. Kindly provide me with any solution to import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird as they are very crucial”
After searching for many days and going through hundreds of manual and automated solution, I have come with this blog. This article surely going to aid you with all the possible solution to save calendar from Outlook to Thunderbird.
For instant solution: Just Download the tool for Free and get your work done. The software will instantly convert all your Outlook calendar to ICS which can be easily imported to Thunderbird.
Nowadays everybody used to save their personal data in the digital format. The calendar is not a novice in this. One of the most popular email client Microsoft Outlook provides the functionality to create and save daily task into calendar to take hold of their day to day life. But due to better usability of Mozilla Thunderbird more and more users are moving from Outlook to Thunderbird. In this article we will use the Thunderbird Lightning method to import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird.
What is Thunderbird Lightning?
Lightning is an add-on from Mozilla. This project is particularly designed for calendar to provide an extension that specifically adds .ics file format to Thunderbird. Lightning is an iCal compatible calendar. Basically it is used to save ICS files into Mozilla Thunderbird.
How to Configure Lightning to Thunderbird
- Download the add-on from https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/calendar/
- Now, go to your Thunderbird and click on Tools in the Extension Manager
- Select Add-ons from the drop-down menu and click on the “Install” button
- Now your Lightning is installed on the Thunderbird
How to Transfer Outlook Calendar to Thunderbird
- Launch & Open your Outlook profile
- Go to the calendar option in the bottom left pane of Outlook
- Click on the calendar file which you want to export to iCal
- Choose “File” option
- A drop down will appear. Now, select “Save As Calendar”
- A dialog box will get opened. Now save the file in .ics file
- Now, open your Thunderbird, go to Event & Tasks
- From the drop-down, click on Import
- Browse to the location where you have saved your PST calendar
- Now, you can easily see your calendar into Thunderbird
Importing Outlook calendar to Thunderbird manually can result in data loss and information mismatch. The best way to convert calendar Outlook to Thunderbird is to use an automated solution like PST Converter. This utility will transfer multiple PST calendar to ICS file in no second. Apart from this, it convert PST to EML, MSG, PDF, MBOX, vCard, Text, Doc, etc.
What If You Are A Mac User?
If you are a Mac user, then transferring on Mac OS X can become a very difficult task for you. As there are no manual solution to available to convert PST calendar to MBOX format, you can go for Mac PST Converter. This software is especially designed for Mac OS and supports multiple file conversion on the Apple device.To use this utility, follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Download the tool from the website and launch it.
2. Add File or complete folder according to your requirement.
3. A new window will appear with multiple file conversion option.
4. As you are trying to import into Thunderbird, go for the MBOX option.
5. Finally, click on the “Export” button.
In this blog, we have discovered methods to import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird lightning. There are manual as well as automated techniques available to carry out the procedure. Users can go for the any of the solution according to their requirement but it is greatly recommendedd to go for the manual solution as they are more reliable and perfect.