How to Recover Formatted Data From Pen Drive – Quick Solution
September 2nd, 2019 |
“Yesterday, I saved some important files related to my project on Pen drive. But, I accidentally formatted my Pen drive while trying to move them on my laptop. I know these formatted files are not stored on recycle bin. Can anyone suggest me an optimal and efficient solution to recover formatted data from pen drive quickly”
Nowadays, data loss has become a very serious problem. Sometimes, you may accidentally format your Pen drive. While in some cases you have to format your pen drive because you are not able to use that device normally without formatting. However, Pen drive are very important storage device used to store essential files, photos and videos. These devices are also used to transfer and take backup of important data. Most of the times, the formatted pendrive contains very essential data that users do not wanna lose. Therefore, in this blog, we will discuss how to recover data from formatted pen drive safely.
Reasons for Data Loss From USB/Pendrive
As everyone knows, it is very difficult to recover data from a pen drive. Simply, when the data is deleted it is not stored in the Recycle Bin because it is permanently deleted. This is known as the deletion of ‘Hard Data’. Some of the reasons for the deletion of data from USB/Pendrive are discussed below:
- Unnecessary/ Accidental Deletion of data
- Unintentional Formatting of Pendrive
- Unplugged USB drive during file transfer
- Insufficient power supply to USB port
- The file gets corrupted due to improper shut-down
- Virus Attack may corrupt or encrypt the data
- Loss of files during cut/paste operation
Methods to Recover Formatted Data From Pen Drive
There are two methods to recover files from formatted Pen drive which are discussed below:
Manual Approach to Recover Formatted Data From Pen Drive
There is a built-in management application in Windows, Command Prompt that helps to recover files from formatted pendrive. Here is a complete solution to recover data from formatted USB drive:
- Connect your formatted pendrive with your computer system
- Click on the search icon and enter cmd
- In Command Prompt, type chkdsk F: /f and press enter (Replace F with the drive letter of your formatted Pendrive)
- Next, enter Y and drive letter of your formatted pen drive
- Type F: \ >attrib –h –r –s /s /d *.* and press Enter key
- Check your pendrive and you will find that CMD recovered all your files perfectly.
After completing this process, users will get all the formatted files on a newly created folder on the USB/Pendrive.
Limitations of Using CMD to Recover Formatted Data From Pen Drive
- It is a very complicated and lengthy process during recovery.
- Recovery of selective formatted files is not supported.
- If you skip any step during this process you will lose your data permanently.
Professional Approach to Recover Formatted Data From Pen Drive
To overcome the limitations of the above stated method, user can take help of a reliable Third-party application named as SysTools Pen Drive Formatted Data Recovery Software. This tool is a powerful and safe solution to recover data from formatted Pen drive. It is capable to restore corrupted, loss and permanently deleted data from the pen drive without any hassle. This tool supports recovery from several formatted external storage drives like exFAT, FAT, and NTFS. The software has simple GUI (Graphic User interface), therefore, can be utilized efficiently. Some of the benefits of this tool are mentioned below:
Advantages of Using Pen drive Recovery Utility
- Recover corrupted and permanently deleted data from USB drive
- Software capable to detect multiple external devices at a time
- Allows extraction of selected files and folders from Pendrive
- Advance search option to find desired files and folders
- It has a simple, easy to use and user-friendly interface
- Compatible with all versions of Windows OS without any limitations
Complete Steps to Recover Formatted Data From Pen Drive
- Download and install Pen drive Recovery Utility on your system
- After installing the software, a list of all attached pendrive or memory cards will appear on the screen.
- Select the device from the list and view its basic details on the right panel.
- Now, the software will display two options- Scan and Formatted Scan.
- You can choose Formatted scan option to retrieve formatted data from USB drive.
- Next, you have preview retrieved data.
- Provide the location to save the resultant files and press the OK button.
Sometimes, users format their files from pen drive by mistake. At that time, they want to recover formatted data from pen drive. Thus, in this article, we have discussed manual method to recover formatted data from Pen drive. Along with this, we have suggested a trusted third-party utility named as SysTools Pen Drive Recovery Software. It is a remarkable tool designed to retrieve damaged files from pen drive without any trouble.