Transfer Samsung Galaxy Contacts to Outlook Seamlessly
Have you ever faced problem to transfer Samsung S4 contacts to Outlook? Or do you want to export contacts from Samsung S4 to Outlook? Need not to worry, In this article, we are going to discuss every possible way to export contacts from Samsung Galaxy S4 to Outlook.
Before proceeding with the solution to transfer contacts from Samsung S4 to Outlook, let’s take a look at the Outlook and Samsung S4.
Outlook is the most reliable personal information manager available in the Microsoft Suite. From the past some years, many major versions have been launched by the Microsoft Outlook community i.e., Outlook 2019 / 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003. The Microsoft Outlook is mainly used as an email client but it also includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing. It can be used as a standalone application as well as with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Sharepoint Server.
Need to Transfer Samsung S4 Contacts to Outlook
For the users, Outlook files provide multiple benefits. In addition to expanding the amount of data they can store, the PST files also give them offline access to that data. Some of the merits of Personal Storage Table file is listed below:
- No Storage Issue : As we know that phone storage has only little space of around 200-250 contacts, after that all users have to store their contact files either on the SD card or cloud but this type of scenario did not occur with Outlook.
- Secure Samsung contacts in Outlook Application :Outlook stores all the data on local machine. You can backup your vCard contacts in Outlook without any worry.
- Outlook Distribution List :Outlook provides an incredible functionality of creating distribution list. Users can create different sets of multiple contacts for their ease.
- Large Contact Notes :Samsung Galaxy vCard file provide note space of 1 KB, on the other hand Outlook contact notes provide 16 KB of space which means more information about contacts can be saved in the Outlook contact files.
Let’s understand the problem with the help of a user query
“Hello, I want to transfer Samsung S4 Contacts To Outlook, so that I have the backup of all my contacts into the PC. Is there any method to move Samsung Galaxy S4 contacts to Outlook? Can anyone suggest me a suitable way to migrate contacts from Samsung S4 to Outlook?”
The answer is Yes. There are many methods to transfer Samsung S4 Contacts to Outlook. You can easily access your Samsung S4 contacts on your Microsoft Outlook without any hassle. Transferring Samsung S4 to Outlook is a two-step process.
- First, you need to export all your Samsung vCard file to another VCF file
- Second, Import that import vCard to Outlook Profile
Move Contacts From Samsung S4 to Outlook
The process to transfer Samsung S4 contacts to Outlook is divided into two parts.
Part 1: Exporting Contacts to vCard
- On your Samsung S4 phone, go to “Address book” option, after that select “Contacts” tab
- Click on “menu” button to open the menu
- Choose “Import/Export” option
- Click the option “Export to SD card”
- Copy the exported file from SD card to your system
Note: The exported file should be named like 00001.vcf
Part 2: Import into Outlook
- Run the vCard Import/Export application to import the vCard files to Microsoft Outlook
- Select the first task in the navigation panel to move contacts from Samsung S4 to Outlook
- Open Outlook contact folder to import Samsung S4 contacts and choose a location or place where the vCard file from SD card is saved in the second field.
- Select duplicate management settings based on your requirement
- Click “Finish” option to complete the import procedure.
Now, you can view your Samsung Galaxy S4 contacts into Outlook.
Limitations of Manual Solution
There are many limitations of the manual solution. Some of them are mentioned below:
1. Transferring contacts from Samsung Galaxy S4 to Outlook using manual method can lead to data loss.
2. Manual Method can mismatch your contact information.
3. Lengthy as compared to an automated solution.
Alternative Solution to Transfer Samsung S4 contacts to Outlook
The best solution to move contacts from Samsung S4 to Outlook is to use SysTools vCard Importer Tool. The software will convert vCard contact files to Outlook PST. It has the ability to convert single as well as multiple VCF files at once.
This blog deals with the method to transfer Samsung S4 contacts to Outlook. You can either use manual or automated solution for this. But it is recommended to use VCF Importer tool as it is more reliable than manual solution.