A Simple Way to Import Samsung Kies Contacts to Outlook Effortlessly
Important contacts need to be shared across platforms on mobile device and workplace PC. Some phone numbers or email addresses are saved on a mobile device whenever a user is away from a computer. These contacts need to be synced in order to read them on an Outlook application from a workplace computer. Many users look for solutions to import import vCard to Outlook from Samsung. This is a popular android mobile device manufacturing company. One needs to install Samsung Kies to move mobile contacts to a Windows machine. This post has been designed to those looking to transfer Samsung Kies Contacts to Outlook.
Samsung Kies is a free file transfer and backup utility provided by Samsung for Windows and Mac computers. It stores photos, music, documents, contacts etc in a single backup file with .spb extension. One can also export contacts from Samsung Kies to Outlook. The tool connects all of Samsung mobile and tablet devices with a PC using a USB cable.
Methods to Export Samsung Kies Contacts to Outlook
Samsung Kies saves all contact information in SPB, VCF or CSV format. This post is for moving Samsung kies contacts saved in a .vcf file. This file format stores all contact information of a business card in a single file. It is also called a vCard, short for visiting card. It contains multiple fields like the first name, the last name, phone number and the email address. A vCard with multiple contacts saves multiple contacts in a single file one after the other. Following is the manual way to export contacts from Samsung Kies to Outlook:
Export Samsung Kies Contacts to VCF File
- First, Download and Install the Kies utility from the Samsung site.
- Then, connect Samsung device to Windows or Mac machine using a USB cable.
- When asked to upgrade firmware, click on Cancel button.
- Next, go to Contacts>>Save to PC this will copy Samsung contacts to computer.
- From the Save File As box, scroll down on ‘Save As type’ and select VCF file format.
- Then, set a location and file name for the contacts file.
Single vCard into Outlook 2007 and Earlier Version
- First, open the Outlook application and go to File > Import and Export.
- From the Import and Export Wizard, select Import a VCARD File (.vcf).
- Then, click on the Next button to transfer Samsung Kies Contacts to Outlook.
- After that, Browse to the folder location where the VCF file is saved.
- Next, click on the Open button.
- Now, all contacts from Samsung will be saved on the left-panel of Outlook.
Import vCard with Multiple Contacts to Outlook 2010 and Later
- First, go to Windows Contacts folder at C:\Users\%username%\Contacts.
- Type this address in a Windows Explorer window and hit enter.
- From the Windows Contacts Folder, click on Import button.
- From Import to Windows Contact box, select vCard(VCF) File.
- Then, Browse to the folder location where the Samsung contacts are saved.
- Next, click on the Open button to copy Samsung contacts to computer.
- After, the save is complete click on Close button.
- From Windows Contact Folder, click on Export.
- From the Export to Windows Contacts, select CSV(Comma Separated Value).
- Then, Browse to a folder path where the Samsung Kies contacts will be saved.
- Next, set a name for the file and click OK.
Import VCF with Multiple Contacts in Outlook 2013 and Later
- First, open the Outlook application.
- Then, File>>Open and Export>>Open>>Import/Export.
- From the Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program or File and click OK.
- From Import a File, select Comma Separated Value and click OK.
- Then, Browse to the folder location where the Samsung contacts file is saved and click Next.
- After that, select the Outlook contacts folder and click Next.
- Finally, click on Finish button to complete the move.
Limitations of Manual Process
Lengthy Process: This involves a lot of steps especially for Outlook 2010 and later versions. Outlook 2013 can only read the first contact from a VCF file that stores multiple contacts. This file needs to be converted to CSV first.
Technical Steps: It is a tiring and time-consuming task to copy Samsung kies contacts to Outlook. It can take hours to correctly understand and implement for a non-technical user.
Many users find the task to copy Samsung contacts and look for workarounds in third-party tools. These are professional software that can import vCard information into Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. One such tool is the SysTools vCard Importer that makes the task to transfer Samsung kies contacts to Microsoft Outlook easier. It can work with both versions of vCard(.vcf) file v2.1 and 3.0. It creates a new PST file for all Samsung contacts without data loss.
Related: Batch Import VCF to Gmail
It is very difficult to understand the different file formats used by Samsung and Microsoft. It can be very confusing to export & view data from VCF business card. For those still looking for a manual solution to export Samsung Kies contacts to Outlook, this post describes a manual method. An automated solution is also described for those looking for a more professional solution.