Import Excel Contacts to Outlook Mac 2019, 2016, 2011 Using This DIY Trick
Applies to: Outlook 2019 for Mac, Outlook 2016 for Mac, Outlook 2011 for Mac.
A few days back we had discussed how to import Google Contacts to Xiaomi along with entire contact details and in this tutorial we are going to explain a similar issue, how to import Excel contacts to Outlook Mac.
So, if you’re searching the solution for a similar query then, you have landed on the right solution page. Here we will show you a really simple and 100% working technique to import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet to Outlook Mac just in a couple of clicks. So, tighten your seat belts and get started!
Before you start…
Before initiating import contacts from Excel to Outlook for Mac process, there are a few things you have to keep in mind:
- If you have exported the Excel contact file from some email client or platform like Google Contacts, Windows Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc., then make sure this Excel file is opening correctly and is not corrupted.
- The Excel file must be formatted correctly and the first line of Excel Contact File should be labeled with contact field names. For example, Name, Contact, Address, Business, Department, etc.
- Make sure your Excel contact file extension is .xls, .xlsx, .xlsm. If it is not then, open this file in MS Excel and click on File >> Save As. Then select XLS / XLSX / XLSM file format and save it.
Import Excel Contacts to Outlook Mac
Since there is no direct option provided by Mac Outlook to import contacts from Excel file directly so, what we have to do is, first make this Excel file Mac Outlook compatible and then, import the converted file into Mac Outlook address book to execute import contacts from Excel to Outlook for Mac process. Below are the steps to do the same:
- The first thing you have to do is download Excel File Converter on your Mac computer and then launch it
Free Download Purchase Now
Tip: In case if you are using Windows computer to perform the Excel file conversion, then it is suggested to download Excel2vCard Converter for Windows and convert the Excel Contacts file into vCard. Once done, with the conversion, follow the same set of instructions given here to import contacts from the converted vCard to Mac Outlook.
Free Download Purchase Now
- Click on Add File(s) button and navigate to the location where your Excel Contact File is saved. Add this file to the software and click Next to proceed import Excel Contacts to Outlook Mac
- Now, you can select PST or VCF as an export option because you can import both file types to Mac Outlook.
Selecting the VCF file format will give you the following customization options:
- Create Single vCard Per File: In case if you have added multiple Excel Contact Files then, choosing this option will create separate VCF files for each Excel file added. In case you will leave this unchecked, then all the added Excel Contact Files will be exported into a single vCard file.
- vCard Version: The software will allow you to export Excel File Contacts into vCard v2.1, v3.0, and v4.0. You may select any of these versions (v3.0 or v4.0 is recommended) as Mac Outlook supports all these vCard versions.
- vCard Type: As you are going to import this vCard further to Mac Outlook so it is suggested to choose Mac vCard.
- After customizing your resultant file format, map Excel File Contact Fields with vCard / PST Columns manually or automatically. Browse a destination location for the output file and hit the Convert button to start import Excel Contacts to Outlook Mac process
- All the Excel file contacts will get converted into vCard / PST (whatever selected) file format
Now, you are ready to import this output file to Mac Outlook to proceed import contacts from Excel to Outlook for Mac and below are the instructions for the same:
Import vCard to Mac Outlook
- Compose a new email, attach the converted vCard to it and send it to your Mac Outlook email address
- Open this mail on your Mac Outlook and click on the attached Card
- The vCard will get open in the Contacts window. Click on the Contacts tab. Click Save & Close
Import PST to Mac Outlook
- Open your Outlook for Mac and click on the File >> Import
- Select Outlook for Windows archive file (.pst or .olm) and click Continue
- Locate the converted contacts PST and click Import
- Once import contacts get done, click Finish
All the imported Excel file contacts will get synchronized automatically with your Mac Outlook Contact List and the imported contacts will appear in Mac Outlook Address Book List.
Import Excel Contacts to Outlook Mac issue RESOLVED!