How to Export CSV File to vCard: Find a Feasible solution for Mac OS
Isha Ratra |
May 10th, 2018 |
Export Thunderbird Address Book to Apple Mail – Migrate MAB to Mac Mail
"Do you want to import the CSV to VCF file format on Mac machine? If yes, then you have landed at the right place. Here, we will discuss a reliable solution for the same, which can export CSV to vCard Conversion efficiently."
CSV (Comma Separated Values) is a simple text file, which allows to save data in table structured format. Basically, it creates a text file that contains information separated by commas. Furthermore, CSV file is supported by different email programs, such as Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheet, Outlook and so on. Sometimes, as per security point of view, most of the people are moving their CSV file in Apple Mail. It is a default email application in Mac Operating System and capable to do more things as compared to other email clients. Nevertheless, in the upcoming section, we will discuss the suitable approach to convert CSV file to vCard format in a clear way.
How to Export CSV to vCard to Import in Apple Mail Address Book Manually?
As everyone knows, CSV file is supported by various applications, including Outlook and Microsoft Excel. In this manual approach, we are going to discuss the solutions to save Excel spreadsheet and Outlook contacts into CSV file format, change it into .vcard format and then to import resultant vCard into Apple Mail. This process to import CSV file into Apple Mail can be categorized in two steps; first, create the CSV file (if you are not having .csv file), and then import into Mac Mail easily. The following steps to export CSV to vCard are given below in a detailed manner.
Step 1: Create or Save Comma Separated CSV File
This step is to implemented when you are having .xls or .xlsx file, there are multiple steps for creating a .csv file. Go through the listed below steps carefully:
Save Spreadsheet as CSV File
- First, you can open the data file in MS Excel
- Navigate to File tab. Then, a drop-down menu will appear and choose Save As option
- Under the Save as type, select CSV(Comma delimited) format. Click on Save button
- A message pops up that inform you about Any formatting in a file does not preserve in CSV file format. Click on Yes button
- Now, you can save all the spreadsheets as CSV format file
Step 2: Import CSV to Apple Mail Account
To export CSV to vCard format, once all the data items are converted into .csv format file and then, transfer it into Apple Mail. Before an import process, you can use the text editor on the Mac platform to confirm a .csv file is formatted exactly or not. Let us have a look:
- Delete all line breaks that occur in the contact list
- Justify that all contacts have the same number fields
- The contact file can be separated by comma only
- Remove all paces before or after the comma
Follow the set of instructions to transfer a CSV file to Apple Mail:
- Now, you can open Apple Address book and choose the Contacts
- Then, click on File tab and select Import option from the menu
- Map the Outlook CSV file that you wish to import. Select the Open button
- Check the labels field and making sure that each header correctly marked as “Do not import”
- If the CSV file does not contain all the header columns, then uncheck the box “Ignore first card”
- In the next step, click OK and then, Import option
- After a few minutes, your Outlook contacts will present in Apple Mail address book.
Limitations of Manual Approach
The above-stated manual approach to export CSV to vCard, is very time-consuming because this process is completed in two steps. However, each contact will be created in CSV format and import them into Apple Mail. Also, one has to add the contacts from CSV file into Mac Address Book in a manual way, which will consume a lot of time, especially in case of the number of contacts. This will become a tedious process and users want to prefer an automated solution. Also, when there is a large-sized file to be imported then it becomes an actual problem. All these complexities can be alleviated by the use of a reliable third-party tool.
Experts Choice to Import CSV Contacts to vCard for Mac
To overcome all such limitations thus, users can take help of an automated solution, i.e., CSV to vCard for Mac Converter. This is one of the best utility which transfers .csv file in the vCard format to open that VCF file in Apple Mail account. This application is designed to export CSV file to vCard format in bulk. It allows creating a single .vcf file for each individual contact in CSV format file. Apart from this, it retains the CSV column structure remain intact throughout the conversion process. The best part of the software is that it supports Mac OS X 10.6 and its all above versions.
In the above discussion, we have covered a complete manual solution to export CSV to Apple Mail. Also, we have suggested a professional approach to move contacts from .csv file to Mac Mail without losing a single bit of data. In addition, the tool has a user-friendly interface that makes the whole process to export CSV to vCard so simple and easy.