How to Download Data from PDF File? Best Techniques
In today’s world, we work digitally. We find PDF files as the best source to share information worldwide. In many scenarios, we need to download data from PDF. For instance – images, text, and attachments. But, the major question is “how to extract data from PDF?”
So, here we are, with the best techniques to get data from PDF. We are going to mention multiple ways to download data from PDF. Users can opt for manual as well as the professional level to extract data from PDF. So, stay connected till the end.
- Automated Tool to Download Data from PDF
- Get Data from PDF Using Manual Approach
- Limitations of Manual Approach
- Wrapping Up
Download Data from PDF Using Professional Technique
PDF Extractor Utility is the best to get data from PDF. Users can safely extract data from PDF, using this PDF Extractor wizard. It gives some advanced features for user convenience, which we will discuss later on. Let’s go the working of this tool:-
- Download and run the professional software on your PC
- Use the “Add File” or “Add Folder” option to add the PDF documents in the software panel
- Select any location where you want to save the downloaded files by using the “Change” option
- Hit the “Remove and Remove All” button to eliminate the wrong files from the panel
- Now, in the “Item Type” section, choose from the options are given – “Attachment, Inline Images, Text” as per your requirement
- After that, use the “Page Settings” filter to sort PDF files
- Click on the “Extract” button
- Once the procedure gets completed, the tool will show the “PDF files are extracted successfully”
Ultimate Features of Automated Tool
- The software allows users to download attachments from the PDF documents
- Inline Images can be exported easily
- Bulk extraction of data is also possible, supports saving data from multiple PDF files in no time
- Data from password-protected PDF documents can be extracted
- Provides multiple filters to sort some specific data
- Text formatting and data integrity is maintained by the software
These are some of the ultimate features of a professional tool. You can opt for this professional approach, but if users want to go with the free method then jump to the next segment of this blog.
Manually Download Data from PDF
Users can easily extract data from PDF by using the automated tool, but if you want to try the free manual methods then you can go through the next section. All the manual methods will be mentioned in the next section. But, before starting with the procedure of the manual methods, You need to create a backup of the PDF file data. Because the manual approach doesn’t provide any guarantee to get data from PDF.
Use Adobe Reader to Download Attachments
Go through the process discussed below to extract the attachments from the PDF file:-
- Install the Adobe Reader utility.
- Open PDF file using Adobe Reader application.
- Click on the attachment icon to view the attachments of the PDF document.
- Choose some specific attachments which you want to extract.
- In the end, click on the “Save” button to store the files.
Save Images Using Adobe Photoshop Application
Follow the steps mentioned below to use the Photoshop application:-
- Download the Adobe Photoshop app on your PC.
- Open PDF files by using the Adobe Photoshop application.
- Here, a pop-up screen will display the PDF import dialog box.
- Now, you need to choose the images which you want to extract.
- Tap on the “OK” option and save the images at any specific location.
You May Also Love to Read:- If you are looking for a way to copy image from PDF to PowerPoint. Then, you can checkout the interlinked post for the good.
Use Copy & Paste Method to Get Text from PDF File
Extract text from PDF using the process mentioned below:-
- The first step is to open the folder where a PDF file is saved.
- Choose the PDF file from which you want to extract text.
- Now, select the text which needs to be extracted, and hit the “Ctrl + C” keys together to copy the selected text.
- At last, create a new text or document file and paste the data and save the file.
Limitations of Manual Approach
- Manual Approach consumes more time-consuming
- Does not support exporting the data from the restricted PDF documents
- Users don’t get any filters using the manual methods
- Using the manual method, the user can’t do bulk extraction of PDF files
These are some of the drawbacks of the manual approach.
In the above write-up, we have mentioned different techniques to download data from PDF files. We suggest our users to go with the professional technique because it is safe to use. But if you try the manual methods, then you need to be attentive because it has some drawbacks which we discussed above.