Yahoo to Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016: Backup Your Yahoo Mailbox
Are you searching for a solution to transfer Yahoo to Outlook in an easy and simple way? Then, relax and follow this article. There are various methods available to configure Yahoo emails in Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016. And this article will guide you with some proper methods to answer all related queries.
Today majority of the email client users have more than one email account. And that can be either with the same email provider or with the different providers, like Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook, etc. All these applications have their own advantages and functionalities. But it is a major fact that any user with multiple email accounts wants to log in to all of them from a single place. Microsoft Outlook allows using multiple email accounts in it. And this feature makes MS Outlook different from others.
Instant Solution: You can try Yahoo to Outlook Migrator to export Yahoo mail to Outlook in just a few easy steps.
Features of Outlook that Compels you to Setup / Sync Yahoo Mails with Outlook
The Microsoft email client has many advanced features over Yahoo Mail account that makes the users migrate from Yahoo to Outlook exclusively.
- It is equipped with Microsoft’s patented Smart-Screen, it is an anti-spam filtering technology.
- A scheduled clean-up allows customers to automatically delete old emails, and keep the latest emails from senders.
- Provides Undelete option and also can sort emails by file size for quick cleaning.
- Outlook’s Categories can be used as Quick Views for its users.
- The Delete All function allows Outlook.com users to quickly delete all emails from a particular sender
- It can move all messages to the Archive folder and has an Integrated photo viewer.
- All the emails in the account will be available to the user even when he/she is not connected to the internet.
- Outlook has almost unlimited storage and has a 100 MB limit on its attachments.
- Also has Social Integration with Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
User Queries: How to Import Emails from Yahoo to Outlook 2007
“I have been using a Yahoo account for many years for both personal and business needs. Now our company decided to migrate all emails to Microsoft Outlook account. My friend suggested me a manual solution to configure Yahoo mail account to Outlook 2007, but it ends wrong and I couldn’t complete it properly. Can anyone suggest a secure and easy method to transfer emails from Yahoo to MS Outlook account?”
“Our company mainly uses two email client applications, one is a Yahoo mail account and other is Microsoft Outlook 2010 for more than six years. Since both, the accounts have many contacts and emails saved in it, and now it affects the proper functioning. We decided to forward/import all Yahoo emails and contacts to Outlook 2010. Now we are searching for a solution to solve this.”
Manual Methods Export Emails from Yahoo to Outlook 2013
To link/sync Yahoo mail with MS Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016 via IMAP step by step, follow the instructions provided below.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2016 or any of it’s below versions and select File >> Info>> Add Account >> Manually Configure Server Settings. Then click on Next to continue.
- Choose POP & IMAP and proceed
- Enter the needed your name, Yahoo email address and Password
Tip: Check Remember Password option to avoid being prompted each time.
- Incoming mail server: pop.mail.Yahoo.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.Yahoo.com
- Go to More Settings. in Outgoing Server tab, enable My Outgoing server needs authentication option. Also select use same settings from incoming server option as well.
- Then, go to Advanced tab. Enter the following Port numbers for server connections
- POP: 995 Encryption: SSL
- SMTP: 465 Encryption: SSL
- Test the configuration settings and Finish the setup to access Yahoo emails in Outlook. Restart Outlook.
Also, read How to Switch Yahoo mail to Gmail?
Limitation in Manually Migrating / Linking Yahoo mail to Outlook 2010
Manual solution to connect/sync Yahoo mail account to Microsoft Outlook is a very simple but can halt you if any step is missed or taken wrong. In case you are not good at configuring accounts, take help from experts. Also, be very sure with the passwords entered because a lot of cases are stuck due to the wrong password entered.
If you are very not confident with this configuration setup of Yahoo to Outlook then, better you go with the method below. Its a much better option for novice users.
Efficient Solution to Add Yahoo Mailbox to Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007
Yahoo Backup utility is a trouble-free application to direct all the emails in Yahoo mail into the Microsoft Outlook. It provides functions of select email migration and also some amazing features to perform smooth data forwarding from Yahoo account to MS Outlook 2013/ 2010/ 2007.
Characteristics of Yahoo Mail Archiving Utility
- Export Yahoo emails to PST, EML, MBOX, PDF, and MSG formats.
- This utility download Yahoo emails to the local system.
- Selective backup of Yahoo emails by providing mail filter options.
- The program extracts all email with attachments from Yahoo to PST format.
- There is an option to perform the incremental transfer for a smooth Yahoo mail download to Outlook.
- Microsoft Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007 installation is not necessary to import the email file of Yahoo to Outlook file.
- The product support multiple languages and while installation one can select the preferred language.
Steps to Transfer Yahoo to Outlook File
Download Tool Purchase Now
Step 1: Run Yahoo Backup Tool and login with Yahoo account.
Step 2: Select PST option to export Yahoo to Outlook.
Step 3: Browse the Outlook data file saving location.
Step 4: Click on Start to transfer Yahoo to Outlook.
After this, import the PST file into Microsoft Outlook application. This process start from the File menu>> Open and Export>>Import/Export. Then, select Import file from another program option. Then, browse the PST file and destination of import. Finish the process to import Yahoo emails to Outlook.
Wrapping It Up
Yahoo email client has many users worldwide and it is very popular. But it has many limitations like server outage at intervals. Therefore here you have some methods to configure / transfer Yahoo to Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016. The methods are both efficient and you can try the one that comforts you the most.