How to Split PST File by Year? Free Tips
Do you want to split PST file by year? Are you searching for ways to split Outlook PST files by year? If Yes, then no need to freak out! In this write-up, we are going to discuss multiple ways to split Outlook PST files by year.
As we all know that oversized PST files can lead to corruption and data loss issues. And MS Outlook does not perform properly when PST files exceed the file size limit. So, stay connected till the end to know multiple ways to split oversized PST files.
A personal Storage Table File is commonly known as PST File. PST file is an Outlook data file, which saves emails, contacts, journals, calendars, notes, etc. of the MS Outlook application. But, as we all know that PST file has file size limitations for different versions of MS Outlook. Recently, In MS Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019, PST files can store data up to a 50 GB size limit.
- Reasons to Split PST File by Year
- Professional Tool to Split Over-Sized PST File
- Features of Automated Tool
- Manual way to split Outlook PST file by year
- Limitations of Manual Approach
Why do Users Split PST File by Year?
Here are some of the reasons why users split PST files:-
- The performance and speed of the MS Outlook application slow down due to oversized PST files.
- PST files lead to corruption issues.
- Sometimes users can’t access the data of PST files and users cannot receive or send new messages.
- To filter out the files by Year, users split the oversized PST files.
Break PST File By Year Using Professional Approach
The Best tools to easily split PST file by year. It is a user-friendly tool to split up and divide large size PST file. The tool provides multiple features to split Outlook PST files by year, size, date, and folder. Users can safely split PST files using this tool. Let’s take a look at the step-by-step guide to splitting PST files:-
- Firstly, download the Split PST tool on your system and then launch it.
- Add the oversized PST file by using any of the buttons – “Add File, Add Folder, or Search File”.
- Using the “Add File” option, choose PST files and hit the “Open button”.
- You can add any folder which contains oversized PST files, by clicking on the “Add Folder” button and clicking on the “OK” option.
- Users can search the “PST” file by clicking on the “Search Files” option if the user doesn’t know the location of the PST files.
- The tool provides an option to delete the wrongly added files from the software panel by clicking on the “Remove or Remove All” button.
- Now, click on the “Browse” option to select the location to save the final files and hit the “Next” option.
- Here, select the “Split by Year” option.
- Add the specific year range, using the “From” and “To” options, and tap on the “Next” button.
- You can view the split PST file by year information under the Summary section. Click on the “Next” button.
- At last, the tool will show “The PST Files have been Split Successfully”.
Advanced Features Offered by Split PST Tool
- The tool supports to split PST file safely into smaller parts
- Allows to add single as well as multiple PST files and folders
- Split PST files by email-id, date, category, year, etc.
- Users can also break the active and archived PST files
- Supports Split PST files by the size of 1MB to 1TB to multiple smaller files
- Compatible with Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 and the below versions
These are some of the features of which are provided by this automated tool.
Manually Split PST File By Year
Follow the steps given below to know the manual procedure:-
- Go to the “File” option and click on the “Info” button.
- After this, select the “Clean Up Tools” option and hit the “Archive” button.
- Now, click on the “Archive this folder and all subfolders” option.
- Here, from the list, select one account or folder which you want to archive.
- Go to the “Archive Items Older Than” option and select the year as per your requirement.
- Select the Include items with “Do not AutoArchive” checked.
- Now, choose a place where you want to save the archive file and hit the “OK” button.
Note:- User needs to manually remove all the items older than the selected year. After this, split the PST file into 2016 and 2017 by repeating the above steps.
Limitations of the Manual Approach
Users can use the above-mentioned manual method to split PST file by year. But, it has some limitations, which are mentioned below:-
- This method is lengthy and consumes a lot of time.
- The integrity and security of data are not guaranteed.
- Users should have expertise in technical skills.
- The chances of data loss are very high.
- The manual method is very confusing also.
In the above blog, we have discussed multiple ways to split PST file by year. Users can go with any of the methods to split Outlook PST files by year. But as we mentioned above, the manual method has some limitations. So, to overcome those limitations we have discussed the best Split PST professional tool to Split PST files. It provides a guarantee to safely split PST files into smaller parts.