How To Save IBM Notes Email To Thunderbird – Secrets Revealed
Shini Mohan |
December 16th, 2020 |
The article explains all about how to save IBM Notes email to Thunderbird, reasons that lead users to perform the conversion of Lotus Notes to Thunderbird and the methods to perform migrate from Lotus Notes to Thunderbird. So, stick with the blog to know the best illustration.
Nowadays with the rise of technology the need and for users also increasing. Hence, the users start switching from one email client to another to full fill their requirements. And the same thing happens with many Lotus Notes users who want to switch for their email client and they choose Mozilla Thunderbird. But before digging into the blog let’s have an overview Why users switching from Lotus Notes to Thunderbird.
Need to Save IBM Notes Email to Thunderbird
Basically, IBM Lotus Notes is one of the popular email clients which is designed for Instant messaging, calendars, contacts management, browsing, to-do lists, team rooms, discussion platforms, schedule meetings, etc. Moreover, Lotus Notes is a client server-based platform and mainly used because of its advanced security features.
On the other hand, Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source email client which totally free and having all the features of an email client with a simple interface. Hence, the reason most of the users of Lotus Notes moving towards Thunderbird. Also emailing required a simplified and easy to use the application because it is a daily process. And opting for a complex email client may delay your task. Now, after knowing the reasons let’s move toward the process.
Smart Way to Transfer Lotus Notes Email to Thunderbird
If you want an instant solution on how to save IBM Notes email to Thunderbird, then there is only one way and that is you have to convert Lotus Notes NSF file in MBOX. And to do this you can try Sysools NSF Converter tool because there is no other way to convert the NSF file to MBOX. So this automated way is only left for users.
Download Now Free
The best part about the software the can easily export Lotus Notes mail to EML, MSG, and MBOX.
With the help of this tool, you can also able to convert your NSF file directly from the domino mailbox. The tool also able to convert NSF calendars and contacts. The tool is capable maintain the data integrity and preserve the folder hierarchy, during the conversion process. Along with that, the tool is capable to convert to Docklink.
Working Steps of the Tool
1. First, download the tool on your machine
2. Choose the Select NSF File(s) radio button and select the Add File(s) or Add Folder
3. From Export Option choose MBOX option
4. Under Select Categories, choose the Mail option
5. Choose the Advance Conversion Option as per your requirements
6. Choose the destination location to save IBM Notes to Thunderbird
7. Click on the Export button to initiate the process
8. Once the NSF file is converted into MBOX, then you can simply import this file directly to your Thunderbird account
Free Manual Way to Save IBM Notes Email to Thunderbird
If you are looking for a free manual way to complete this task, then you have to convert the NSF file into EML file format and then you can import the EML file to Thunderbird. Also, must remember that the feature of NSF to EML conversion is only available in Lotus Notes 9 edition
1. First, Open Lotus Notes on your computer
2. After that, click on the File option in the menu bar
3. Now, from the drop-down menu select the Preferences option
4. Tap on the Basic Notes Client Configuration option from the left pane
5. From the Additional options section, tick the checkbox Drag and drop saves as a .eml file and click OK.
6. At last, you can drag and drop the IBM Notes emails to save them as an EML file.
Note: A free manual method is a nice approach for those who have fewer emails in Lotus Notes because here in this method you have to drag and drop the emails one-by-one which is very time-consuming in the case of a huge number of NSF files. Hence, most of the professionals not suggest this method. in the case of a huge number of NSF files.
How to save IBM Notes Email to Thunderbird is a very common query question among IBM Notes users. But due to the absence of direct manual method users not able to complete this task. Hence, considering the requirement we have come with the article, here we have discussed the manual as well as an automated way to complete this task.