Export Lotus Notes Mail to EML Format – A Complete Guide
Shini Mohan |
November 23rd, 2020 |
Seeking the way to export Lotus Notes mail to EML format, then you are on the right page. Here we are going to discuss the solution to save Domino Server NSF files to EML format.
Basically, an EML file is used to save the message on the local device also it is supported by various email clients such as Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, and more.
Moreover to make the picture more clear let’s see a user query.
Hi, as a Lotus Notes administrator I have lot’s of crucial messages in my IBM Notes. So to protect my data I decided to save all the data on my local machine and I choose the EML file format to save all data from Lotus Notes. The thing is that I don’t know any quick method to complete these tasks in batch. So anyone knows the instant way to export Lotus Notes Mail to EML, then please suggest to me.
Export Lotus Notes Mail to EML Format Quickly
If you are stuck in a similar situation then you can try SysTools NSF Converter Tool. It is one of the most searched tools on the internet by professionals. The software can easily convert NSF files into EML along with MSG, and MBOX.
Download Now Free Purchase Now
The tool has two options to upload NSF files first Add File or Add Folder and in the second option is you can able to select the entire Domino Mailbox. Along with Mail the tool also able to export calendars and contacts from NSF files. The tool is designed in such a way that it can able to preserve folder hierarchy, Internet Header, HTML Formatting.
Working Steps of the Tool
1. Download and Install the tool
2. Now click on the Add File(s) or Add Folder to add NSF files
3. Choose EML option from Export Option
4. Select the Advance Conversion Option as per your requirements
5. Choose the destination location to save the resultant file
6. After all the settings, click on the Export button to export Lotus Notes mail to EML format
Free Method to Convert NSF Files to EML
In this section, we are going to discuss the two free manual methods to save Lotus Notes Mail to EML format. So to do this follow the below steps:
Method 1: Export Lotus Notes Mail to EML Format One At a Time
- First IBM Notes on your machine
- Now, go to the File option and choose Save As option.
- Choose the location to save to NSF files.
- At last click on the save button to save NSF file to EML
Method 2: Drag and Drop the NSF Files
- Open Lotus Notes mail client
- Click on the file option and then select Preference from the list
- Click on the Notes Client Configuration option from the Preference wizard
- Find Additional Option Setting and Drag and drop save as EML file option
- At last click on the OK button to export Lotus Notes Mail to EML format.
Limitations of Manual Method
- Well, the manual method is free but it comes with some limitations. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The manual method can save your mail in EML format but it only saves it one-by-one. There is no manual method available that export Lotus Notes Mail to EML format.
- The manual method is only applicable to the Lotus Notes 8.5 and higher version.
- There is a high chance of NSF file corruption if any interception occurs during the export process.
Also Read: How To Save IBM Notes Email To Thunderbird
If you want to export Lotus Notes Mail to EML format then you can use either one-by-one or drag and drop method. These methods surely work for you if you have less number of NSF mail conversion. But in the case of bulk conversation, both manual methods are worthless so in that situation, you can use the automated solution which is discussed above.