How to Fix Remote Server Not Responding Lotus Notes Error?
IBM or Lotus Notes is a desktop-based email client application in the corporate world. All its data items are stored in NSF file format (default). Also, it contains multiple components such as instant messaging, contact management, calendar, to-do list, blog, and Web Browsing services. However, many users may encounter these error messages like Remote Server Not Responding Lotus Notes, while trying to access the Lotus Notes database on the server. Therefore, in the following section, we are going to discuss the major reasons and its solutions to resolve this error.
Types of Database Error in Lotus Notes
There are different types of error occurs while you are trying to access data in Lotus Notes. To follow the given below database errors:
- Error Occur in Database Object
If there is some issue in the open property code of the Lotus Notes object then, an error is displayed. This error occurs usually while trying to access the database file using the Lotus Notes object but cannot open.
- Error in Open Lotus Notes File
This type of error is generated when you are trying to access Lotus Notes from a different Domino server. Since users have to do some changes within the security setting of any other Domino server for accessing each .nsf file. Otherwise, users may encounter the error while trying to open Lotus Notes database
- Error While Migrating Lotus Note
This problem arises due to an invalid object code generated in Lotus script and tries to open a database file. In the latest version of Lotus Notes, IBM may add some features related to the attachments after performing the migration. After this up-gradation, the database cannot be open on some other machines.
Reasons Behind Server not responding Lotus Notes Error Occurrence
There are multiple reasons which show Lotus notes remote server not responding Lotus Notes error due to which Database has not been opened yet error has occurred as discussed below:
- This error occurs due to invalid path of the server or a file
- The database cannot exist in the specified location
- Sometimes remote server has been crashed due to some network issues
- User Id cannot allow accessing the database file
- The server may be crashed due to some hardware failure, interruption in the network or may be corrupted Notes database file.
Manual Approach to Fix Remote Server Not Responding Lotus Notes Error
There are following resolutions that help to resolve the database issue as given below:
Approach 1: If the migration error occurs due to a network failure between the Domino server and the client. This issue may be resolved by tracing the path of a server. Go through the below steps to examine the internet connection:
- Now, start the Lotus Notes and go to the Preferences
- From the Preferences, click on the Notes Port
- Now, choose the Trace Option
- Under Trace screen, enter the server name in the desired path and click on the Trace tab
- Users can preview the details of the clients and the server connection from the Trace Window. If the client is properly connected to the particular server then, move to the further step to fix this issue.
Approach 2: In order to solve the problem related to Lotus Notes script,
- First of all, you need to search the Database file to handle the specific Notes Database object.
- Then, run the Lotus Script debugger and enter some debugging statements to check the accurate value of a string that is passed on Lotus Notes to access the database.
- After that, If the parameters are correct, Lotus Notes will open manually. Next, use the exact User ID, server name, and file path.
- But, this manual testing will not provide the accurate results.
Note: Make sure to enter the correct Server name and Path name of a file before you need to verify that what they are trying to open.
Approach 3: To resolve the accessibility of Notes database error, you need to verify security settings of the User Agent as well the Domino Server. Follow the below steps to confirm the security settings of Domino server:
- First of all, log in to the Lotus Notes ID.
- Next, Open the Document of Lotus Domino Server, which contains the database file.
- Then, add the specific name of a server containing the Web service on the Trusted Servers field under the Security Tab.
- Finally, you have to Check again whether a database file will open or not.
Professional Solution to Save Lotus Notes Emails
If you are looking to save your Lotus Notes database file into other format for backup purposes, then, users are recommended to go for the professional solution: SysTools NSF Converter. It is the best alternative way for such errors while accessing the Lotus Notes database.
Basically with the help of this tool you can easily export your Lotus Notes email in EML, MSG, and MBOX. And after the conversion, you can easily open them in any email client that supports these file formats.
If users are unable to open the database file due to certain reasons as discussed above. Along with this, we have discussed different manual solutions for fixing the Remote Server Not Responding Lotus Notes Error. In such cases these methods do not work perfectly then, users can use above converter in an efficient manner.