Path Specified for the PST File is Not Valid | A Complete Solution Guide
June 8th, 2021 |
We all know that when we configured an account in Outlook then it will create a mailbox which is known as a PST file. And all the data of your email account is saved here. Now, sometimes if the PST file is moved or corrupted then users encounter an unusual error “path specified for the PST file is not valid”
Now, if you here, then there is a chance that you are facing the same error in your Outlook. And to resolve your problem here in this blog we are going to discuss the method to fix the error. But before doing this let’s know about the reasons that us responsible for this error.
Why Path Specified for the PST File is Not Valid Occurs?
There are many reasons for this error, but here we have discussed some of the important ones.
- If the .pst file is located on the external storage like a network drive or server, then you may encounter this error.
- If the PST file is corrupted damaged then you will notice the PST file not a valid error.
- If the size of the mailbox has reached its maximum size capacity, then you will notice this error with your Office Programs
Now, we know the reason for the error. So let jump into the method to fix the problem
Read Solution For Outlook Errors
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Path Specified for the PST File is Not Valid
Fix 1: Check If the File is Deleted
As we said above that if your PST file is deleted accidentally then you may face this error. So, in that case, it is best to check the Recycle Bin, and if present in the trash then restores the file. Now to do this follow the below steps:
1. First, double click on the Recycle Bin icon from the Desktop
2. Now, search for the .pst file in the bin.
Note: To make the task easy search .pst in the Search Bar located at the top-right corner of the window
3. Once you found the PST file, then right-click on the PST file
4. Now, choose Restore from the context menu to restore the file
Once the file is restored, check if the issue has fixed. And if not, then try the next method to fix.
Fix 2: Check For the Moved PST File
1. First open Windows Explorer on your desktop
2. Now, choose This PC Folder and then go to the search bar located at the top-right corner of the window, and type *.pst and click on the Enter
3. Once the .pst file is found, just move the file to the previous location mentioned in the error message.
Fix 3: Repair PST File to Fix Path Specified for the PST File is Not Valid
After attempting all the above methods, if you are still facing a PST path issue then there is a chance of PST corruption. Now, if the PST file is corrupted, then n need to worry MS Outlook comes with an Inbox Repair Tool that helps users to repair Outlook PST corruption. The best part about this tool id you can use this tool without spending a single penny.
Now, before using this tool keep on thing in your mind that this tool only capable to repair minor level corruption from Outlook PST. Also, this tool sometimes not work properly. Now, after all, if you are still want to try this tool, then follow the below steps:
Note- First find the location of ScanPST Scanpst.exe according to versions
For Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
For Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
For Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
For Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
For Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
1. Once you find the ScanPST.exe double click on the exe to execute the program
2. After that browse your PST file
3. Click on the Start button the begin the process
Now, after trying this tool if you are not able to repair the PST corruption, then you can try the SysTools PST Repair Tool. This tool is well capable to repair minor or highly corrupted PST files. In fact, using this tool users can restore the deleted files or folder from Outlook PST.
Download Now Purchase Now
The tool is also capable to repair password-protected files and retired data from it. Now, after knowing the features of the let’s see the working steps of the tool. And if you want to try this tool, try the demo version of the tool for totally free.
1. First, download and install the tool
2. Launch the tool and click on the Add Files
3. Choose the Scan option as per your requirement
4. Choose the expert option
5. Finally, click on the Export button to repair the PST file
The path specified for the PST file is not valid is not the common query hence there are very few numbers solutions available. Now, due to requirements and user’s threads regarding this error here in this blog we have discussed four top-notch solutions to fix the error. So, go through the blog if we facing the above issue and get rid of it.