How to Recover Damaged VHD File – Without Losing A Bit of Data
When your VHD or VHDX file disk damaged or inaccessible on Windows OS or if you can not access your crucial VHD file. Then, no need to worry in this write-up we are going to discuss how to recover damaged VHD files with the automated solution. First of all, we will know what is VHD.
A virtual hard disk known as a VHD file. This format is created by using the virtual machine. Sometimes in the virtual environment, you get restricted to mount the VHD or VHDX file format. It makes data inaccessible and the hyper-v attachments fail to open. There are various reasons behind this but the core of this blunder is that VHDX or VHD file is damaged and corrupted. So, now we will fix this error and repair the damaged VHD file.
“Hello Everyone, Is there anyone who know how to recover damaged VHD file in Windows. Yesterday when I was working on my virtual machine, all data was in proper working condition. But today morning when I access virtual machine I saw VHD file is corrupted. I don’t know what happened With it. Now I want to recover damaged vhd file please anyone can help me.”
Reasons Behind Damaged VHD File (Virtual Hard Drive)
The above-mentioned query was taken from the forum website. Most of the users do face this issue. Now we will know what’s the reason behind the VHD file being damaged.
- Virus and Malware attack
- Failure to store media
- Accidentally system shut down
- Pause the state of the virtual machine
- Due to human errors
How to Restore Damaged VHD File by Using PowerShell Command
Several commands to repair VHD files can be executed to recover the default hard disk after corruption problem occurs. This segment describes, in order, the commands used to scan and recover VHD files.
1. Command to scan a VHD image file for damaged
Command: Dism /Online /Clean-Image /CheckHealth
Description: This powerShell command allows users to scan the VHD file completely for corruption.
2. Command for checking VHD file image for corruption
Command: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Description: This PowerShell command assists users in checking whether the VHD image file corrupted or not and additionally, whether the same VHD can be repaired or not.
3. Command for repairing VHD files and restoring data from corruption
Command: Dism /Online /Clean-Image /RestoreHealth
Description: This PowerShell command executes automatic repair of VHD file, if it finds corruption.
How to Retrieve Damaged VHD File By Using Professional Application
With the help of trusted and professional SysTools VHD Recovery Software will definitely help you to recover all data files from VHD or VHDX partition with a few simple clicks. You can launch this application on any Windows version. Recover healthy VHDX or VHD files without the installation of the virtual machine. You can recover any size of VHD file without any limitation. Free download this utility on your PC to restore damaged VHD files.
Simple Steps to Recover Damaged VHD / VHDX Files on Windows OS
- After downloading the tool Window displays as shown in the below image Click on the open button.
- Now hit on the browse button. Then navigate to the location where the VHD or VHDX file saved. Select the damaged VHD files and click on Scan
- After that, the application will list all restored folders in the Explore panel. Simply expand the folder and view restored items easily.
- Two options to Save restored VHD or VHDX file items. Either Save complete recovered files or selected files.
Why Choose This Software Over Others
Now we are going to know what features of this application make it unique. Why users choose this utility. Below we will mention the effective features of the tool.
- The tool supports recovering deleted files from the VHDX partition
- The tool is capable enough to recover data files from formatted VHD & VHDX partition file
- Simply restore data from corrupted VHDX & VHD partition file
- Permanently deleted, formatted, or re-formatted .vhd & .vhdx partition data recovery
- Retrieve RAW file from formatted VHD & VHDX Partition recovery
- Restore dynamic and static .vhd / .vhdx of FAT (16, 32) & NTFS file systems (4, 5, 8).
- Supports Microsoft Windows Hyper-V, Virtual PC, and Virtual Server VHD
In the article, we have discussed the tutorial to Recover Damaged VHD Files on the Windows operating system. There one procedure defined this is a recommended solution. It procedure stepped with the complete process. Try your best that comfortably to repair damaged VHD files.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Is it possible to restore damaged VHDX?
Ans. Yes, the VHDX recovery tool is able to instantly restore permanently deleted partitions of VHD and VHDX files.
Q.2 Does this software support data recovery from corrupt and damaged VHDX files?
Ans. Yes, this application is capable enough to recover corrupted and damaged VHDX file data without any problem.