Principles of GDPR Data Protection To Enforce Them Easily in Business
Ugra Narayan Pandey |
November 9th, 2018 |
Major 6 Principles Involved in GDPR Data Protection Policy
The GDPR data security standard is an act, which is passed by the government officials of the European Union. It was designed with the purpose of modernizing existing laws to safeguard the personal individuals data in a business. The GDPR data protection regulatory does not impose accessing of personal records either for decreased users or legal entities. This policy outlines 6 major data security principles, which enterprises have to follow. These need to be followed at the time of data processing, collection and storing. It is the responsibility of data controller to comply with following illustrated principles and implement them in business:
1. Lawfulness, Fairness, & Transparency – The first GDPR policy principle is comparatively self-evident. Enterprises need to ensure that their practices for data collection are not breaking law and are not hidden from data subjects. One needs to gain a deep understanding of GDPR rules for data collection to achieve lawfulness. In order to achieve transparency with data subjects, you have to showcase the reason and method of data collection through the websites.
3. Minimize the Data At the Collection Time – According to the GDPR 99 Articles, enterprises are instructed only to access personal data, which they require for processing purpose. This instruction comprises of two core advantages and they are listed below:
- The unauthorized user will be having access on limited amount of data that is useful at the data breach incidence if occurs.
- It becomes easier for organizational management executives to keep data updated and accurate.
4. Helps in Achieving Client’s Data Accuracy – The main integral part of data protection is to achieve data accuracy on personal information. GDPR data protection describes that ‘every reasonable step should be taken’ either to rectify or erase information, which is usually incomplete or inaccurate. Individuals are having the right to put forward a request, describing incomplete or inaccurate data being rectified or erased within a month.
5. Remove the Useless Customer Information – Another GDPR policy principle states that companies need to delete client’s personal records when they are of no use. Now a question arises that how to determine the records which are no longer necessary? Organizations might claim that ‘they should be permitted to store information until and unless an individual is considered as a customer. But, think of a fact that – After finishing up with the purchase, for how long will a human being be considered as a customer?’ Well, the answer to these sort of questions varies because different industries are having their own set of reasons to collect the data. Enterprises who are having confusion regarding this question can consult from their data protection officer.
6. Hold Data Integrity and Confidentiality – This is the only GDPR data protection principle that deals with security in an explicit manner. GDPR policy states that citizen’s personal information should be processed in a way that ensures proper security for it. This should comprise of technical measures to achieve protection against unlawful processing, unauthorized access, and accidental loss.
The GDPR data compliance is having a serious concern regarding measures that should be taken within premises. It makes updating in its organizational and technological practices on the basis of trending attacks.
Business Security Tip – In today’s date, enterprises should never ever keep their data unencrypted even if it is in rest mode.
Now Its Time for Implementation
This post gives a perfect introduction on what is GDPR data protection and its requirements. The principles are posted after concerning with the well-experienced data security practitioners. The description of all GDPR policy principle gives an idea that what is required in a business when authorities decide to work with EU citizens records. From customer’s perspective, things are completely secure when an individual as a customer shares his or her records with enterprises.