How to Transfer Windows 7 Profile to Windows 10: Get a Solution Here
Isha Ratra |
August 27th, 2018 |
Want to move Windows 7 user profile to Windows 10 along with your precious data? But are you clear in your mind, why you want to do so? If yes, then how it can be done in a seamless manner? If you are also looking for some easy and seamless solution, then you are in the right place. This blog will discuss the solution for the same.
Windows 10 has become very much famous among the users as it allows users to have new operating system experience and a new virtual life. However, when a user decided to switch to Windows 10 from Windows 7, it means migration of complete user profile from one OS to another. But, for a safe side, it is always suggested to backup data first before migration.
Now, in order to copy all data i.e., settings and profiles, there are many possible ways that a user can try. All of them are time-consuming and requires a user to be a technical expert to perform it properly. However, the simple and effective way to transfer Windows 7 profile to Windows 10 is with the help of the Windows Easy Transfer tool. It is an easy program to copy program files and settings from one computer to another. Another possible way is with the help of Microsoft USMT tool. Now, the question is how these tools work actually? To know about the same, continue reading the article below.
Consider the scenario discussed below to understand the user’s problem in a proper way:
“Yesterday my roommate asked me, how to use inbuilt Windows Easy Transfer to transfer Windows 7 profile to Windows 10. I do not know why she wants to do so? Moreover, she kept some of the confidential files together with her system data and does not want to backup data. According to her, Windows Easy Transfer and inbuilt can help her out in the same. However, I am totally unaware of this software in Windows. Can anyone of you tell me how can I use this Windows Profile migration tool for profile data and setting migration?”
Keeping all such requirements of users in mind, this article will let users know how to move Windows 7 profile data to Windows 10 in a seamless manner.
Migrating Windows 7 Profile to Windows 10 Using Windows File Transfer Tool
To start the migration process, a user is advised to download Windows File Transfer tool first and run it on both the machines i.e., Windows 7 and Windows 10. After that, simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- To start the process, you have to plug the Windows transfer cable in any free USB port on both the PCs. Then, you have to open Windows Easy Transfer utility on the local machine
- After that, on the new computer, simply choose whether the machine is new or old
- Here, the tool will ask Do you need to install Windows Easy Transfer on your old computer. Then, either choose “I already installed it on my old computer” or “My old computer is running Windows 7.”
- Now, this Windows Easy Transfer tool will simply connect the two machines. Here, you can select what exactly you want to copy from Windows 7 to latest Windows 10 machine
- Then, go to “Advanced” tab and choose the particular files that you want to transfer instead of the whole folder
- After that, go back to the main window, the Advanced Options… It will guide you in deciding whether to transfer the complete user account with associated files and settings or to merge it into an account already existing on the new computer
- After selecting the desired files, choose Transfer option. Then, you have to it wait until all data is successfully migrated using Windows Easy Transfer from 7 to 10.
Move Windows 7 User Profile to Windows 10 Via USMT Tool
Another possible way to move a user profile from Windows 7 to Win 10 is by using the User State Migration Tool or USMT. This will simplify user profile migration between different Windows operating systems. For example, transfer Windows profile to Windows 10. This tool simply captures the user accounts, files, OS settings, and application settings. After that, it transfers them to a new Windows OS i.e., Windows 10. Now, to perform migration successfully, follow the steps mentioned below:
Working Steps of USMT to Transfer Windows 7 Profile to Windows 10
- First of all, download and install USMT tools on the Windows OS
- After that, take backup of your data using USMT ScanState tool
- Then, install Windows 10 on the same machine or switch to the new computer containing Windows 10
- At last, simply restore data with the help of USMT LoadState tool
By following any of these two methods, a user can migrate all data files along with settings from Windows 7 profile to Windows 10. These two methods are the most popular ways to transfer Win 7 profile to Win 10 with all associated settings and data files.