Transfer Files From Google Drive to OneDrive: Top Solutions
October 19th, 2020 |
OneDrive is the cloud service platform offered by Microsoft which is similar to Google Drive. It was earlier known as SkyDrive. The main difference between Google Drive and OneDrive is the storage space shared by the former. Unlike G Drive there are no such imposed restrictions to Microsoft OneDrive. Also, OneDrive is a more suited platform for business collaboration. This is why users have started looking for methods to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive account with ease.
In the article below, we will find the methods in which users can transfer G Drive files to OneDrive in a hassle-free manner. First, we will look at some user scenarios and following to which we will read the transfer techniques.
User Query: I have configured both Google Drive and OneDrive accounts. I often use Google Drive for storing all my personal data. But, now my G Drive account is running low on space. So, I am looking for methods to migrate my Google Drive mailbox to OneDrive, where I can easily store my personal as well as professional data.
After considering the above user-query, we have concluded that users are having difficulty in transferring files from Google Drive to OneDrive. There are two methods to perform this task.
Manually Transfer Files from Google Drive to OneDrive
Manual Method 1: Upload G Drive Data into Local Drives
- Sign in to your G Drive Account.
- Select and click on the files that you wish to transfer.
- Click on Download. So, the files can be transferred to the local folders.
- Moving further, sign in to your OneDrive account
- Upload the downloaded files to your Microsoft OneDrive account.
Manual Method 2: Transfer G Drive files to OneDrive using Google Takeout
- Sign in to your G Drive account.
- Select Personal Information and Security. Then, click and select Create Archive.
- Select the data that you wish to include in your Archive folder. Click Next.
- Now, select the preferred file type and size of the Archive folder.
- Enter your Microsoft OneDrive credentials.
- Now, the migration will begin.
After this, login to your OneDrive account and download the zip file.
Shortcomings of the Manual Techniques
However, the Google Takeout method is considered to be the most convenient method for transferring files from Google Drive to OneDrive. But, it has certain limitations that don’t make it a No. 1 choice of the users. Some limitations imposed by the manual method are mentioned in the following section:
- A lot of time-consuming
- Cannot pause and resume the on-going process.
- Uninterrupted internet connection
And above all the drawbacks, the users should have a good technical understanding and a lot of patience to migrate Google Drive mailbox to OneDrive account.
Top Expert Solution: Transfer Files from Google Drive to OneDrive
To overcome all the drawbacks offered by the manual methods, Google Drive to OneDrive Migrator tool has come to rescue. This expert choice is equipped with multiple advanced features which makes it unique amongst all the available tools in the online market.
Download Now Purchase Now
Some of the main features rendered by this tool are:
Incremental Migration: After performing the data migration process once, this feature helps in transferring only the newly arrived data between the same drives at the next time.
Pause and Resume Option: Users can pause and resume the ongoing process whenever they want. It ensures that there will be no data manipulation because of that.
Maintains Folder Hierarchy: It keeps the folder structure intact after transferring files from Google Drive to OneDrive intact. The folder structure remains untouched.
Multiple Filters: This utility offers several filters. One such filter is the date filter. It allows users to perform a range based migration. The data will be transferred between the selected date ranges only.
Detailed Report Generated: A detailed summary report gets generated after the transfer process is completed. It comprises of all details like G Drive id, document, OneDrive id, duration, and status.
Steps of the Tool – Easily Done
Download and run the migration tool either on your Windows or Linux system.
- Select the source and Destination accounts, and then select the category to transfer files.
2. Enter the G Suite administrator ID, application ID and the path of the certificate file in the “Source” window, and then Validate.
3. Similarly, enter the Office 365 ID and application ID in the “Destination” window, and then Validate.
4. Select the option to import the user list in the user window.
Authenticate the user account and click the “Start Migration” button to start the process to transfer G Drive files to OneDrive.
The Final Verdict
The process to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive account manually can be a lot of time-taking. Also, it does not guarantee you a successful migration. So, it could lead to data loss. In order to avoid all the risks, use a third-party solution like Google Drive to OneDrive. This makes it effortless for transferring files from G Drive to OneDrive account.