How to Set up Emails from Rackspace to Outlook 2007/10/13/16/17
Samuel Adams |
June 26th, 2017 |
Rackspace makes it easier for hitch, interact and collaborate with a vast choice of industry leading email and products. Web mail for business provided by the company get rapid access to email, calendars, contacts, and tasks etc from the desktop, laptop or mobile phone. This type Email provides Fanatical Support, a 100% Up time assurance, while being ad-free and private. It support chat, number, contacts etc. Among its multiple features, it has some limitations on it usage due to which the need to migrate emails from Rackspace to Outlook arises. Therefore in this write up we will be discussing all that.
Microsoft Outlook, It is a personal information Manager from Microsoft. It is available as a part of the Microsoft Office Suite. It used mainly as an email application, it also includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, journal and web browsing. We can export from many other mails to this Outlook like Rackspace to outlook. Microsoft also released some mobile applications for most mobile platforms, such as iOS and Android. It can be used as a stand-alone application, or can work with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server for multiple users in an organisation, such as shared mailboxes and calendars, SharePoint lists, Exchange public folders, and meeting schedules.
In the coming section the users will get to know how to configure Rackspace emails in Outlook 2007/10/13/16/17 and will also provide an expert solution to Export email to PST.
General Settings to configure Rackspace Emails in Outlook 2007/10/13/16/17:
Step 1: Go to settings
Step 2: Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages that you send.
Step 3: Enter the email address (eg: email@example.com) to configure Rackspace to Outlook
- For Incoming email server type – Select IMAP from the list.
- Incoming mail server – Enter: secure.emailsrvr.com
- If port required Enter: 993
- Outgoing email server name/SMTP – Enter: secure.emailsrvr.com
- If port required Enter: 465
- Select the Outgoing server which requires authentication check box.
- Save the settings to configure emails with different devices.
Setting up Rackspace Emails In Outlook:
1. Click settings for Export Email to PST
2. Under options > Connected Accounts
3. Under Add a connected account click other email account
4. Type the email id and password
5. Click OK
6. Choose IMAP connection
7. Click OK to Set up Rackspace Emails In Outlook
How to Sync Outlook with Rackspace:
- Swipe mouse pointer to the top-right corner of computer screen to display the Charms menu.
- Select “Search” button and enter “Mail” in the Search box and then click “Settings” to load the Settings prompt.
- Click the ” Mail ” button to load the Mail prompt, and then click “Add” to launch the Add Account window to export Rackspace to Outlook
- Enter an identifying name for the email account in the provided field, click “Next” and then select “Manual setup or additional server types.” to configure Rackspace Emails
- Select “IMAP,” and then click “Next.”
- Enter the first and last name in the Full Name field. This is the name people will see when they receive an email from this account.
- Enter the mail id in the given Email Address field.
- Enter “imap.emailsrvr.com” without quotation marks in the Incoming Mail Server field.
- Enter ” smtp.emailsrvr.com ” without quotation marks in the Outgoing Mail Server field of Rackspace to outlook
- Enter the username and password in the given fields, and then click the “Remember Password” checkbox to have Outlook remember of password. For Extra security, leave the Remember Password box Not checked, so it will be entered before the mail can be sent from the Outlook account.
- Click the “More Settings” button, and then click the ” Outgoing Server ” tab. Put a check mark in the box naming “My outgoing server requires authentication” and then click “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” radio button as the part of export Rackspace Email to PST
- Select “Advanced” tab, then enter the number “143” in the Incoming Server field, and enter number “25” in the Outgoing Server field, then click “OK”.
- Click “Next “ button to test the account settings to configure Rackspace to Outlook 2007/10/13/16/17 after that click “Close “to finish syncing Outlook with the account.
There may be cases when the users would find limitations in using Rackspace and would prefer to migrate from Rackspace to Outlook which provides better features, For this want to know, how to perform the configuration. But this migration may not be easy especially when it cannot be done manually. To overcome this issue a resourceful tool is required. Rackspace Email Backup Software is one such tool which helps users to configure Rackspace to Outlook efficiently and offers secure backup from multiple accounts. It has many other useful features which makes it unique.