A Comprehensive Guide to Import Eudora to Thunderbird Client
Nilesh Kumar |
January 28th, 2019 |
If you want to import Eudora 8 to Thunderbird, then you need a solution to perform mailbox data migration. To do so, we have brought a smart solution which makes the conversion from Eudora Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird very easy, even for a new user.
There are so many desktop-based email clients that are used on both Windows as well as Mac machine. One such email application is Eudora and it comes up with a number of useful features. It allows users to communicate over emails and acts as a powerful email management tool. On the other hand, Mozilla Thunderbird is an open source application and completely free to use. It also provides a variety of features that attract users towards it. It does provide a better interface and feature-rich experience when compared to Eudora.
Sometimes users need to import messages from Eudora to Thunderbird. Therefore, in the upcoming section, we will discuss a step-by-step procedure to convert emails from Eudora Mail to Thunderbird application.
Note: The article is all about importing Eudora 8 emails to Thunderbird. In Win 10, the default location of Eudora 8 MBOX files is below (unless the user has set the mailbox directory manually)
How to Migrate Eudora to Thunderbird?
There is ImportExportTools add-on that will help users in importing Eudora MBOX to Thunderbird, which is given below:
- Start Thunderbird and go to Tools option
- Now, you can select an option ImportExport tools
- Finally, you can import MBOX file of Eudora file to Thunderbird
There are multiple add-on or free utilities available, which claims to import MBOX file but still specialized tools are trusted over them. Why? Because they are inefficient and unreliable. The following example will showcase what can go wrong with your emails.
An email imported using the Add-on:
This email was imported in Thunderbird using the add-on. As you can see, the message has various issues:
- Broken Images
- No attachments
- Broken icons
Now consider the same scenario with hundreds & thousands of emails that you want to import in Thunderbird. There is no point of accessing Eudora emails in Thunderbird application if the originality of data is at risk.
Note: The Same email is migrated using Thunderbird Import tool. The screenshot is provided in the below section.
Thunderbird Import Wizard: A Smart Way to Import Eudora to Thunderbird
Thunderbird Import Wizard is a specialized application that helps to import Eudora files to Thunderbird in bulk. Moreover, it is capable enough to perform selective conversion via Date filters without any hassle. You can choose to import MBOX in Thunderbird profile directly. It has the potential to import multiple MBOX files into Thunderbird without any data loss.
Besides, the data integrity is also maintained with this software. It has a simple and graphical interface that even a novice user can work with without expert help.
Backing up all of this is the screenshot of email migrated using the software:
Advantages of Using Thunderbird Import Wizard
- Retains inline images & icons
- Preserves proper attachments
- No change in Header information
Other than these benefits over add-ons, the software also offers a wide variety of features such as:
- Allows to import multiple emails from MBOX to Thunderbird in batch
- Migrate MBOX emails along with attachments in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Offers Select File(s) or Select Folder option for importing MBOX files
- Permit users to move selective emails from MBOX file using date filters
- Does not impose any file size limitation while transferring MBOX data
- Compatible with latest versions of Windows including Win 10 & below
Steps to Migrate Eudora to Thunderbird with Accuracy
- Run the tool and Choose Add File or Add Folder(s) option to proceed further
- After adding data files on it, the software will display multiple settings that can be applied during import process
- Choose the Thunderbird profile to import Eudora data in and set Filters as per requirement
- Finally, choose Import option to start the migration process from Eudora to Thunderbird.
Note: The mentioned software works well with MBOX files(with no extension) generated by Eudora 8.
The Final Word
Migration from one platform to another is one of the major concerns for users and business organizations. Going through this blog, it can be found that Eudora has somehow lost its importance today. Therefore, users want to import Eudora to Thunderbird. After careful consideration of all the ifs and buts, we have discussed both manual and automated solutions to perform Eudora 8 to Thunderbird migration. Although the latter approach has time and time again provided a much better outcome.