Errors Have Been Detected in the File Outlook.pst | Find Easiest Way to Fix
Microsoft Outlook is regarded as one of the most reliable software applications. On the other hand, this email client program is also known for its errors. And here in this blog, we are going to discuss the troubleshooting techniques to resolve errors have been detected in the file Outlook.pst.
Basically, this Outlook error message may display from time to time because it will effects your time and productivity too. Hence it is very important for users to remove this issue from Outlook. But before resolving this issue first let’s understand what is PST and why this error generates.
A Brief on PST File
The Outlook data file, which is also known as PST (Personal Storage Table), stores all of the information from an Outlook mailbox. A PST contains a duplicate of every item in the Outlook inbox, including emails, attachments, and contacts. If you delete an email or message from Outlook by accident, you may easily recover it from the PST file.
Reasons For Errors Have Been Detected in the File Outlook.pst
Prior to an Outlook corruption, no warnings or symptoms are usually noticed. So, if you see such an issue, you must not only correct it but also investigate the cause of the corruption in your PST. Here are some of the reasons why PST files get corrupt.
- When a PST file exceeds the maximum file size limit.
- When Outlook stops sending and receiving emails, syncing data, and so on.
- Viruses and malware have infiltrated the PST file.
- Due to frequent power interruptions, Outlook regularly shuts incorrectly.
- Outlook is installed on a hard disc that contains faulty sectors.
Now, after knowing what is PST and why this happens in Outlook know let’s towards a method that will fix this error
Methods to Fix Errors Have Been Detected in the File Outlook.pst
Well, we know that the corruption of Outlook data files is the major reason for this error. And to repair Outlook data file corruption Outlook users can use ScanPST. Basically, it is a repair utility that is bundled with Microsoft Outlook. This repair program may be used to correct problems found in the file Outlook PST error. To utilize this built-in repair utility, launch the scanpst.exe program, which is found in the Office folders. You must first locate the Office folders on your computer before running this application.
Although scanpst.exe is a great tool for fixing minor difficulties and issues with Outlook, it cannot be relied on to resolve the error messages presented by the software. The problems have been identified in the file Outlook PST error is one such error message that our inbuilt repair solution cannot correctly resolve.
Now to use this tool find the Inbox utility location and to make the task easy here in this section we have discussed the location of the ScanPST
- MS Outlook 2019 version
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- MS Outlook 2016 version
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- MS Outlook 2013 version
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- MS Outlook 2010 version
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- MS Outlook 2007 version
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
Now, to use the utility, follow the below steps:
1. First launch the ScanPST.exe
2. Note: When using the ScanPST utility, make sure MS Outlook is closed.
3. Now, click the Browse button, go to the PST file you wish to repair, and then click the Start button to begin scanning the file.
4. After scanning the file, click the Repair button to begin the repairing process.
Note: If you wish to make a backup of this file before fixing it, select the option Make a backup of the scanned file before repairing.
The program will fix the PST file in a few seconds. Once finished, you may import this PST file into Outlook.
Professional Way to Fix Errors Have Been Detected in the File Outlook.pst
Although ScanPST.exe can resolve minor problems and corruption issues with PST files, it does not always work. So, what should you do if the Inbox Repair Tool isn’t working? Furthermore, if the PST file has severe corruption issues, ScanPST.exe will not be able to resolve it. So, here in this section, we are going to introduce you to one of the most effective ways to fix this issue. Outlook PST Repair Tool is the tool that can easily repair minor or major corruption from Outlook.
This is a one-click automatic method for repairing damaged PST files. Whatever the amount of corruption, the software is rapid enough to scan and repair it. Let us now look at how to fix the error have been detected in the file Outlook.pst the problem using the tool.
1. First, start the app and install it on your PC. And then click the ‘Add file’ button.
2. Next, click the radio option next to Select File, and then Browse to the location to add the corrupt PST file.
3. Once the PST file has been imported, select the radio button next to the Advance Scan option to begin the repairing procedure.
4. After the procedure is completed successfully, the user may see the recovered PST file data.
5. Choose the PST option and browse the place to save new data in the Export Options box, then click the Export button. The procedure will begin.
MS Outlook is an email tool that is used by millions of consumers and companies worldwide. And if users encounter difficulties when using Outlook, it might be difficult for them to resolve these issues and continue to operate with Outlook. So, we’ve gone through how to resolve the most frequent PST problems “errors have been detected in the file Outlook.pst” using both manual techniques and a third-party solution.