Attachments Not Showing in Outlook | Top Five Ways to Fix It
Sometimes it is very hard to see attachment in Outlook that has been sent by your co-worker or client because you are encountering attachments not showing in Outlook issue. Generally, this kind of issue affects every type of attachment. So, in order to help you, we have come with a solution that is applicable on Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and below versions.
Well, we know that nowadays attachments are a very commonly used Outlook feature. Every small and large enterprise uses this feature to share documents with there co-workers and clients. So, this is the reason if these types of errors in Outlook, then it creates various problems for the users. Hence, it very important to resolve it and through this blog, you will definitely resolve it by yourself.
Topics We Cover in this Blog
Cause of Attachments Not Showing in Outlook
Basically, this issue occurs due to various reasons. Some of the major ones are listed below:
- The preview option is disabled in Outlook
- App settings and synchronization issue
- File compatibility or software limitations.
- Weak and overloaded internet connectivity.
How to Fix Attachments Not Showing in Outlook – Manually
All the above issues are the major reasons for not showing attachments in Outlook. Therefore it is very important to fix it. Hence, in this section, we are going to discuss some manual methods to fix attachments not showing issue in Outlook. So follow the techniques to get rid out of it.
Check the Sender – Sometimes the email sender forgot to attach the file attachments in email. So, ask the sender to confirm that he/she has attached the attachment in an email. If not, then ask him to send the file again.
Update your Outlook Program – If you are still facing the issue of attachments not showing in Outlook, then check for the Outlook update. Because sometimes we have using the older version of Outlook which creates file compatibility issues. Moreover, to update the Outlook program follow the listed below steps
- Firstly you have to open the Outlook application.
- Now, click on the File option.
- After that go to the Off6 Account option and click on it.
- Click on the Update Option
- After clicking on update, if an update is available then your Outlook program starts updating itself.
Disable Antivirus Program – Sometimes some third party antivirus protection can prevent email clients from loading attachments properly. Which is a good thing when an email attachment containing some malware or malicious programs? But sometimes they can also block some genuine file attachments.
So, if you know the file attachments that are legitimate then, you can disable your antivirus. But always remember that enable it to bake once you are done with your work.
Reset Outlook Account – As we said above, due to wrong account configuration or synchronizations you may encounter attachments not showing in Outlook. So to fix this you can reset your Outlook account. However, to reset the Outlook account follow the mentioned guidelines.
- Open Outlook on your system.
- Choose the Tool option from the Outlook ribbon menu.
- From the tool option select Account which you want to reset.
- Now, click on the delete button and confirm the choice by clicking on the Yes button to remove the account.
- After that again open Outlook and configure the same account in Outlook once again.
Clear Cache in Outlook – As we know that every application has some cache memory where they store those files or add-ins settings which is we used in past. So if you are facing attachments not showing in Outlook then you can clear your cache memory to resolve this issue.
To clear the cache memory follow the listed steps.
- In Outlook choose the File menu.
- From the File menu choose the Option.
- Now, from the Option, click on the Mail tab and scroll down to the Send Messages section.
- After that choose and click on the Empty Auto-Complete List button.
- Click on the Yes button to complete the process.
Also Read: How to Fix Save All Attachments is Greyed Out in Outlook
Alternative Solution for Attachments Not Showing in Outlook
After applying all the above techniques or methods if you are still facing this issue and want an instant alternative way. Then there is only one way is left and that is to download attachments from email. But the thing is that you can only download single attachments from emails that make this task so time-consuming.
Thus, to make this task easy you can try the automated solution. SysTools Outlook Attachment Extractor is a tool that is developed only for the attachments extraction process from Outlook PST, OST, MSG, and from BAK files. Also provides various filter option that makes the extraction process so easy. This software has a very easy to use user interface along with that it is capable to maintain the folder hierarchy.
To know the detailed working step of the software then CLICK HERE
Attachments not showing in Outlook have been asked by many users and everyone wants to get rid out of it. Therefore in the above, article, we have discussed some of the most effective and simple solutions to resolve it. Along with that, we have also discussed the alternative solution as well.