How to Convert OST to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007 – Reliable Solution
If you are looking forward to a solution to add OST to Outlook 2016 & below versions, then you are at the right place. Through this write-up, we will discuss different reasons & techniques to attach OST file in Outlook 2013, 2010 & 2007. The article will also describe a secure & reliable solution i.e MailPro+ OST to PST converter that can efficiently convert outlook.ost to outlook.pst format in a simple way.
When Outlook is connected to Exchange Server it uses OST file to store the database or the offline content on the PC locally. Thus it provides a way to the users to work offline & then synchronize the changes with the Exchange next time the users go online. It applies that one can easily make the changes on the offline storage file even when the Exchange Server is not connected. Nevertheless, there are many situations when these files become inaccessible. To fix these types of issues, one can import an OST to Outlook compatible file format.
Foolproof Reasons to Attach OST File to Outlook
There are many users that find issues with OST files, one related query to this problem has been discussed below:
“I have OST file from an old Outlook account which contains some important data. Yesterday I tried to convert that file using manual methods suggested by one of my friends. While working with these methods to export OST to Outlook, some of my crucial data got deleted. Can you please suggest me a simple & fast technique to open Outlook data file without losing any data.”
Why We Need OST Conversion:
- The Exchange Server can get crashed abruptly due to many issues & can result in displaying error messages.
- In the time of Server downtime or maintenance, the user cannot access their mailboxes. As emails are stored in OST files, one needs to add OST file into Outlook 2010 & then convert it into Outlook.
- All the data can easily be recovered after accidental deletion of mailboxes on the Exchange Server performing these steps.
- The process to import OST to Outlook can help in migrating the data from one place to another.
- One can come across too many error messages while working with Outlook 2003. To solve this problem, conversion & restore is needed.
- The offline file might get corrupted during the synchronization process. This can lead towards the inaccessibility of mailbox data items.
Many users find this mechanism tough to change OST file to personal storage file using manual methods. Thus, through this article, we will discuss some easy manual tricks which will help to transfer OST to Outlook 2010 along with an instant solution to perform this task rapidly.
Manually Export Offline OST File in Outlook User Account
There are three different manual approaches that are available to convert Outlook.ost to Outlook.pst. The tricks are mentioned below:
1. Use Import Export Wizard
This is an easy & efficient way to move OST files into Outlook 2010. This inbuilt feature can adjust offline storage file to .csv & excel formats but does not ensure an accurate conversion if the user is not technically well.
- Open MS Outlook account.
- Click File >> Export File >> Next
- Then Hit Personal Folder File >> Next
- Now select a folder to transfer & mark “Include subfolder” on it
- Browse the location to store the data & then click Finish
2. Try Backup Feature
Follow the below steps to import an OST file to Outlook. If you do not want to migrate contacts to personal storage file then you can try this method.
- Open MS Outlook
- Go to File >> Archive
- Choose file or folder option
- Browse the location to store the file
- Click OK
3. Drag & Drop Mailbox Items to Outlook Data File
This method will allow you to attach OST file to Outlook 2013. But the default folder of the OST file like contacts, calendars cannot be migrated using this method. This mechanism only involves dragging & dropping mailbox items.
- Create new personal storage file in Outlook account
- Now, drag the mailbox folder of OST file to a newly created file
Limitations of Manual Tricks
The three techniques which are discussed above has many limitations which make users worried. It includes:
- Need for technical expertise when error occurs
- Very difficult to change inbox, contacts & calendars to PST file format
- Users need to create new outlook data file to reorganize the database
- Individual conversion consumes a lot of time
- Any mistake during the process can lead to data corruption & loss
Instant Solution to Import OST File in Outlook
Since the above mentioned manual tricks are not very efficient in converting the files, thus you can try OST to PST converter. The software is designed to export OST to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007. It also supports bulk conversion of OST files to PST file format. This tool also converts OST file into different file format according to your need. With this utility, you can easily move offline data file of any size without any hindrance. This is the best tool available in the market for performing this conversion process.
The article describes the best ways to import OST to Outlook 2016 or below versions. It states the reasons & the benefits along with some of the drawbacks that are linked with manual tricks discussed above. To open OST files in Outlook the most recommended conversion software is suggested. This Outlook.ost to Outlook.pst conversion export the files without any data loss.